[hylafax-users] problems sending faxes with hylafax

Hello Hylafax users,

I have an Intel machine running Red Hat Linux 6.1 and installed the
following RPM: hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.i386.rpm.

I've got a problem which I've found several instances of in the database:
hylafax won't send faxes.  Typing faxstat -s gives:

[root@linccid linux]# faxstat -s
HylaFAX scheduler on linccid.hq.essensys.com: Running
Modem ttyS1 (1.412.931.5425): Running and idle

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
6    127 T   root 99315425      0:0   0:12

But the faxes never get sent, the modem doesn't even try to send.  I've
added the faxgetty stuff to the inittab, the setenv stuff to /etc/profile,
and run faxmodem ttyS1 when hylafax starts.  I also downgraded to libtiff
3.4.4.

I don't know if I've provided all of the details necessary for the
diagnosis, so if I've left anything out please ask.

Thank you for your help,

Toki Barron