[hylafax-users] Re: problems sending faxes with hylafax

  toki> Hello Hylafax users,

  toki> I have an Intel machine running Red Hat Linux 6.1 and installed the
  toki> following RPM: hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.i386.rpm.

Oh goody, my first victim^H^H^H^H^H^Huser ;-)

  toki> I've got a problem which I've found several instances of in the
  toki> database: hylafax won't send faxes.  Typing faxstat -s gives:

  toki> [root@linccid linux]# faxstat -s
  toki> HylaFAX scheduler on linccid.hq.essensys.com: Running
  toki> Modem ttyS1 (1.412.931.5425): Running and idle

  toki> JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
  toki> 6    127 T   root 99315425      0:0   0:12

So far so good.

  toki> But the faxes never get sent, the modem doesn't even try to send.
  toki> I've added the faxgetty stuff to the inittab, the setenv stuff to
  toki> /etc/profile, and run faxmodem ttyS1 when hylafax starts.  I also
  toki> downgraded to libtiff 3.4.4.

WHOA, do NOT!!!!!!!!!! downgrade libtiff.

Can I see the line you added to inittab please? Did you 'init q' after adding
it? What is the output of 'ps aux | egrep fax'.

  toki> I don't know if I've provided all of the details necessary for the
  toki> diagnosis, so if I've left anything out please ask.

/var/log/messages could be helpful.

-Darren