[hylafax-users] Re: Problems with faxaddmodem and Linux 2.2.10 or so

You wrote:
> [snip]
> I have now installed Hylafax 4.1beta on a TurboLinux 4.0 system. I did
this
> by pulling down the source and compiling it. I also made sure that I have
> removed any RPMs that might have been installed.
>
> faxaddmodem barfs trying to communicate with the modem.
>
> The investigation I have done suggests that SendToModem in faxaddmodem is
> not reading the responses back from the modem, and the file
> /tmp/<whaterver> contains what looks like a few characters from the echo'd
> command when faxaddmodem sends an AT+FCLASS=? command to the modem.
> [snip]

Hmmm, never heard of this problem before. My best guess is that the stty
commands in the faxaddmodem script is confusing your system - it maybe
worth checking the parameters used to see if they're valid on your system?

# /bin/stty --version
stty (GNU sh-utils) 1.16

is the version on my RedHat clone Linux system. With 4.1beta1 I would get
ignorable warning messages of the type :

stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations

which is now fixed in the CVS. If you have a later version of stty then it
is possible we have a major bug on our hands.

Good luck,
Phil Watkinson,
Leicester, UK.