[hylafax-users] Re: Unspecified Phase D Errors w/ Comtrol Rocket

wsuetholz@centonline.com wrote:

>   Hey, I'm doing the same thing with a MultiTech for sending :-),
> I am, however, pressuring Comtrol for a solution, we resell their
> boards, and if they can't fix this kind of problem, then we will
> have to look at somebody elses multiport modem card.  MultiTech, Digi,
> or Courier.  Only problem with those, is that I'd have to port the Linux
> driver to Unixware not something I look forward to.

Yes, that would be painful indeed.

I am (was) using the ISA card.  I had the best luck with the rc288dpi config
file; it would download a whole page before giving the dreaded error; though the
chipset seems to be closest to the rc144.

I couldn't get it to work in Class 1 at all; though some folks seem to report
this as a typical workaround for weird unspecified errors.

I did send a message to their support group, and mentioned my solution of using
a different vendor.

Hope this helps,
Mark