[hylafax-users] Re: Re[2]: sendfax not sending faxes

   Having already received the info about libtiff-v3.5x being a
problem from Bernd Proissl I had already started working at applying
the patch. When I got Helge Oldach's message about a diff that's
already been fixed re fxBool I downloaded that patch and had a go at
it. Unfortunately the patch doesn't install cleanly on a FreeBSD 3.4R
system even with the --ignore-whitespace switch to patch so I ended up
manually patching each file. (Yech. At least there wasn't really that
much to it with the *.rej files to look at.)
   Then make started failing with the message:
# make
"rules", line 197: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

   So I did a `make clean` after I safely stored the patched files.
After a quick look at `man ports` I did a `make patch; cp savediffs/*
path/to/faxd/; make all install` and woo hoo HylaFAX installed and
appears to run correctly! Thanks again to Bernd Proissl and Helge
Oldach for pointing out my libtiff issues and pointing me to a patch
to fix it. I won't know if the output is actually intelligible until
later this morning when someone gets into the office up there and can
check the fax machine for me.

Ben.

                                                 Tuesday, June 06, 2000
On Tuesday, June 06, 2000 sometime around 6:05:34 PM Helge quoth:

HO> ben@instantemail.net:
>>members: ps ax | grep "[f]ax"
>>19895  ??  R    149:18.18 /usr/local/sbin/faxq
>>: cat /var/spool/lock/LCK..cuaa0
>>     19889
>>   Thus the faxq process running at PID 19889 (without over 50 days
>>worth of processing time) has the modem locked [...]

HO> This looks like it is a typical problem with 4.0PL2 and TIFF libraries
>>= 3.5. You need to apply tiff-3.5-interfaces.patch - but that doesn't
HO> apply easily to 4.0PL2. Search for recent mails from me at the mailing
HO> list archive on www.hylafax.org for a solution.

HO> Helge

--Ben
mailto:ben@instantemail.net