Re: Viewer for ms-windows

> Because there was no option to view sent faxes, I looked for a
> postscript viewer and downloaded ghostcript for windows (6 MB-zip).
> After installation I found, this was no viewer. So I downloaded

You can view, provided that you only read forwards.

> the additional package Gsview (1 MB-zip). After that I
> saw a nag-screen and the option to pay 40 Australian dollars.

The released version (2.9) of gsview is in no way shareware.  The
release notes for the time limited beta of the next version suggests
there may have been a change in this area, although, without reading
the licence, I'm not sure if payment is mandatory.  On the other hand,
I can sympathise with freeware authors moving this way; the world is
moving towards people wanting free software and support, whereas, in
the old days, users of open source software usually provided their
own support, and even fed back patches.

You should not, of course, have downloaded a beta, let alone a time
limited beta, unless you were intending to provide feedback to the
author.

> I didn't like this downloading adventure.
> My question is: is there any free postscript viewer for
> ms-Windows which is able to view hylafax-faxes?

Ghostscript/gsview.  A Postscript interpreter is always going to be
a big program.  Note that hylafax, on everything except SGI, tends to
rely on ghostscript, and you should already have the fonts, albeit for an
earlier version, although I think the Windows binary is done as a single,
plug and play, package.

Use TIFF, as already advised.