Re: Hylafax Installation -- A Plea for Help

Darren Nickerson <darren@hylafax.org> writes:

>   Benjamin> My main problem is with the prerequisite programs needed to run
>   Benjamin> Hylafax and Hylafax configuration of my Robotics 56k EXT modem.
>
> OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You have a USR modem. Damn. You're screwed.

BTW, it works in Class1 *quite* *well* (I have tested Courier modem). I even
added some code, autodetecting USR modems and switching them to Class1 if
"ModemType" has not been explicitly specified in config.<modem>. Despite of
this I still do not recommend Benjamin to use Class1 right now, because
Hylafax itself contains (contained) many bugs in Class implementation, that
seem to be found and fixed (but not present in stock Hylafax).

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry