Re: mgetty

Heinrich Venter wrote:

> Is there anyway that hylafax can integrate with mgetty ?

You mean, use mgetty for ordinary data calls and hylafax for faxes on
the same line?

Absolutely.  I know this stuff is documented somewhere, but the basic
idea is just to set up hylafax and mgetty as you normally would, but
don't run mgetty out of inittab as you usually would.  Instead, put
links getty and/or egetty in hylafax's /etc directory that point to
mgetty.  Hylafax knows to invoke that when it gets a data call.  That
might be all that's necessary:  I have it set up, but don't remember if
I had to make any other changes...

If that doesn't get you there, maybe you could try scrounging dejanews
or the HylaFAQ.