localhost: Unknown host

I changed my /etc/hosts file entry for the loopback device from
localhost.localdomain to server.deanox.com and now although faxes are
received and delivered fine, I cannot send them (sendfax fails) and faxstat
returns the following:

[root@server sbin]# faxstat
localhost: Unknown host
[root@server sbin]#

I changed the fax/etc/hosts file to read:

server		# rather than localhost
127.0.0.1

But that didn't help any.

Could somebody help me out here?  Thanks.  There doesn't seem to be any
info in the archives.

Lee Howard