Re: Setting up a cover page

This is from my mailing late in April:

Notes on faxcover.ps customization:  everything between the lines '%
tom-baby's logo stuff:' and 'drawtext' from the default faxcover.ps file
creates the Silicon Graphics logo.  Removing that code will remove the logo
from the fax cover sheet.  I used Microsoft Word printing to a file via the
Apple LaserWriter driver to convert my logo to postscript code.  There are
some bitmap drawing definitions and setup in the prolog and setup sections
which I added to faxcover.ps and then there is a very large section
containing the actual bitmap information itself.  If you use my version of
faxcover.ps you will only need to replace my bitmap information with yours.
 You can easily note this area by the header: '%% NOW THE LOGO SECTION OF
THE FILE' and the footer: '%% END OF LOGO SECTION'.  Word pixeling
increments top-to-bottom rather than bottom-to-top as PostScript usually
is, as well as redefining the print area to be the bitmap area which
required the 'gsave' above the logo code and the 'grestore' and 'rc
pagesave restore' commands below.  I don't know much about PostScript
programming, but I understand enough to get this to work.  Trial-and-error
was my crutch here.

Attached is my faxcover.ps file

Lee Howard

At 04:26 PM 12/31/99 -0600, Carlos Canas wrote:
>I'd like to setup a cover page for Hylafax and include a logo on the
>page.  I have the logo graphic on Adobe Photoshop but I don't know how
>to include the logo on the page.
>
>Can anyone shed some light on how to do it?
>
>Thanks
>
>Carlos

faxcover.zip