The fax-server as a sub-server.

Hi,

I've been 'listening' the list for some time now. It is our turn to ask for
help.
First I would like to congratulate everyone involved in such a soft as
HylaFAX, specially giving all your time for free.

Our goal is to have the clients (W-98 with Outlook) issue messages that
endup either as internet email or fax. Then we also are configuring clients
to handle x400 email format.

Our server: a linux box (RedHat 6.1) with all straight from the CD, kernel,
sendmail, etc. etc. Then we installed HylaFAX (straight in RPM from
ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/pub/hylafax/hylafax-4.1/binary/linux/redhat/RPMS/i386/
hylafax-4.1beta1-1rh6.i386.rpm
using the very helpful page "Installing HylaFAX 4.1beta2 on RedHat Linux"
found also on www.hylafax.org

Most of the problems relate to the installer (myself) rather than to the
soft. The solutions have been found in this list after March/24 (the day I
suscribed).

My question for help is (and I know it is not HylaFAX related):
I need to configure sendmail (some things have been said but I am not fluent
in this) to recognize a sub-domain (e.g @fax.my.domain.com) to re-direct the
message received (as it is) to the 'faxgateway' (sendfa/faxmail). Have
looked in www.sendmail.org but little or nothing there.

Related to HylaFAX, we need to test with all flags and options in order to
save the users much of the burden.

HylaFAX is working fine, in a rudimentary fashion. The message sent to an
alias fax.addr@my.domain that has a pipe as on the manpage faxmail. It comes
out with no attention to font changes but for now it will do. The next step
is to make it recognize Rich text or Word docs. Better yet, WYSIWYG from the
user's client (Outlook) to the fax destination.

Any tip or help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Eduardo Rosales.