Re: Design for a portable Java hylafax clients: i want your opinions, please!

Bernd Proissl wrote:

> i would like to replace the ole server by rmid. i am not quite shure if this
> works.
> rmid comes with java 2 only :-(
> please see my other postings to the list (same topic) for an explanation.

Hi,

what about corba ? There are free corba implementations for Linux
and windows available.

> why do you want to use ole on windows and no ole on unix?

Ole does not work on unix and pipes does not work on Windows.

Uli

--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom
http://www.uli-eckhardt.de              http://www.transcom.de