Re: Re: The all familiar MPS!!!!! and 0:0

Dmitri Granovski <grand@extendanet.com> writes:

> I believe, I have finally figured out one of the causes of MPS on the
> receiving end.

MPS is not a error, it's just MultiPageSignal of fax protocol. Always
present if you are trying to send multipage document. So the sentence
above sounds at least confusing.

> With RedHat 6.1 libtiff-3.4-6.i386.rpm everything works fine.
> As soon as it was updated to  libtiff-3.5.4-1.i386.rpm two things have
> happened:
>
> I could no longer send Postscript faxes producing the well known (0:0)
> state

Postscript itself has nothing to do with this problem.

> Every attempt to recieve a fax failed.

Therefore both sending and receiving did not work. No wonder -- current
Hylafax is not compatible with libtiff 3.5. Blame (among others) Hylafax RPM
maintainter who did not to establish proper libtiff version dependency.

> Downgrading libtiff has resolved those two issues.

Yes. And if you had initially described your installation and/or browsed
mailing list archive at www.hylafax.org, you would not complain that nobody
in the list were going to help you.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry