From: Bernd Proissl [mailto:news@proissl.de]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 11:20 AM
To: Lee Howard; flexfax@sgi.com
Subject: RE: flexfax: fax broadcasting (multiple recipients)

> Is there currently a feature in HylaFAX that will allow for fax
> broadcasting (multiple recipients of the same fax)?  I would like to
> implement this in my email-to-fax gateway (procmail script that runs
> sendfax).  As I am currently aware there is only one recipient of
> a fax per
> sendfax command.

this is from man sendfax:

..
       dling.  Note also that parameter values persist across  -d
       options so the following

              sendfax -n -d 5551212 -d 5551313 /etc/network

       submits two facsimile, both of which have no cover page.

> Some of you are sending thousands of faxes daily.  Surely you're not doing
> this by hand.  I suppose you're using scripting to do it.  Is this
> scripting propietary or standard with HylaFAX?
my app does it. currently each job is queued alone.
this gives to option to personalize the documents, but i do not use it
currently.

> Also, for those of you concerned about the security of an email-to-fax
> gateway, there are many ways to tighen holes.  Username and/or password
> checking could be implemented, for example.  Now, there are some valid
> concerns with using procmail, but that can be fixed, too.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lee Howard

Bernd