HylaFAX with ISDN

Hello Rolf,

>does HylaFAX also work with ISDN (particularly FRITZ!Card)? I only found
>information about (analogue) modems.

I think Hylafax will work with ISDN devices with CAPI drivers for Linux,
because such a CAPI emulates a normal modem on a COM-port. At the moment
there are good CAPI drivers for the AVM B1 and some Eicon Diva Server cards,
and some who are less good for the Sedlbauer Speedfax and Siemens I-SURF
1.0.

The drivers for the Fritz! card are not ready at the moment, maybe there are
some beta-drivers but I do not know about it.
ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/fritzcrd.pci/linux/
http://www.avm.de/deutsch/papers/index.htm
But, maybe it's good to wait for the Fritz! drivers, because it is a cheap
card.

Take a look here:
http://www.isdn4linux.de/faq/ (english)

>If not, is there any other Fax software available for Linux?

Mgetty+sendfax, but I think it will have exactly the same problems.

I work myself with an old analog modem with analog-to-isdn converter, this
works fine. Normal faxing goes with maximum 14k4, a CAPI has also maximum of
14K4 (and I think it uses very much processor power..).

Bye,
Paul van der Vlis.