new installation

Hello I have made a new installation of RedHat6.2,
downgrade to libtiff3.4
installed mawk
and installed hylafax-4.1beta1-1rh6.i386.rpm
with success.

Then I launch faxsetup
and configure with success the external modem.

Reboot and hylafax sercices start with OK.

Now I execute faxstat and I get only one line like:
HylaFAX scheduler on victor.germinus.com: Running

I have been reading in the documentation that should appear
(2 lines) something like:
HylaFAX scheduler on victor.germinus.com: Running
[+952294582]: modem-fax ready

Is this normal?
I cannot send any faxes.

I would appreciate any help.