problems with protocol-rtn.patch

This is mainly for Dmitry, but I'm posting it to the list in case
anyone else has run into the same thing.

I've run into a couple problems compiling hylafax from CVS with
protocol-rtn.patch, and wonder if there aren't a couple problems with
the patch as it appears on the hylfax.org website. This is on
FreeBSD-4.0, BTW.

Line numbers apply to the CVS file after applying protocol-rtn.patch.

1. In faxd/FaxModem.c++, line 649 - I think "runs" needs to be a
uint32* rather than a uint16* - and the initialization around line 673
also needs to be "runs = new uint32[2*width];" rather than using
uint16. This is to keep compilation happy with the call to setRuns at
line 676 - the latter method needs long int * arguments, not short
int *.

2. In faxd/FaxModem.c++, line 735 and faxd/Class20.c++, line 179,
there are casts (u_char*)result and (char*)s, respectively. I think
these need to be explicit invocations of the (const char *) method for
the object in question - certainly that was needed to get compilation
on my platform.

Does this make sense?

BTW, not relevant to Dmitry's patch -

1. In util/Dispatcher.c++, around line 39, I have to #undef SA_NOCLDSTOP
to get a compile on FreeBSD.

2. In util/TypeRules.c++, there are capitalized instances of TRUE and
FALSE on lines 107 and 109 that need to be changed to lowercase.