Cover Templates with combined text and PS

We're running a Linux box for our faxserver, accounting package etc having
just moved from SCO OpenServer.

We were previously using faximum to fax orders / invoices etc from our
accounting system.
We did this by the accounting system producing a laid out invoice with only
the text of the invoice and it was 'overlaid' a PS template (which was
generated so that all the fields in the report lined up with the appropriate
section of the template) and in the header of the report was the fax number
etc in a special string.

I was wondering if this could be done in Hylafax, at the brief look I had it
looked possible but I was wondering if anyone could confirm/deny this and
how easy it would be to do. Whether there is a better way and how flexible
the solution is (it has to be able to work with the stupid accounting
package.

And if they've done if ... How?

Thanks
Peter