RE: RE: USR (3COM) modems

> >Along with this I'd like to ask if the USR/3COM modem problem is because
> >they haven't implemented the protocols correctly or if it's an industry
> >problem because somewhere in the early days a major player decided to do
> >it their way and others followed?  Be nice to know whom to lean on!
>
> It's not an USR/3COM problem, it's a Hylafax problem.
> But.. there are some modems who are working correct without the patch.

i am not sure if there is a relation between the so said unstable firmware
in the modem and the RTN issues of hylfax.
What i can say from my experience (before Dmitry's patches where out):
Sportser Flash creates unreproducable transmission errors (RTN problem
was always reproducable for me with severeal modems)

i will do some tests with USR Sportster and Dmitry's latest patch in the
next days...
(i hope so)

Bernd