another remark to: [hylafax-devel] My RTN patch and many other changes/enhancements, third edition :-)

Dmitry,

> [---cut---]
> RTNHandlingMethod

would it be possible to make the retry-parameters configurable for the end
user?

for me the following parameters look reasonable:

parameter 1: number of times the page which got RTN will be retransmitted
before
             lowering signalling rate  (default=0)

parameter 2: lowest possible signalling rate which is allowd after RTN
             hylafax should give up if it gets an RTN while transmitting at
this rate
             (default=4800, default=2400 for far distance calls)

parameter 3: How many calls will be made additionally if the current session
was aborted
             due to RTN. (default=0, default=1 for far distance calls)

can this parameters be made dependend on the number dialed and/or on the
access code dialed?
this would allow differnet handling for certain problematic machines or for
far distance
calls (which are theoretically more likely to line noise)

What do you think about this?

Bernd