Re: Modem Configurations - Fixed

Neil Bortnak <neil@bortnak.com> wrote:
> [snip]   ...Anyway, after some
> mucking about with the "config/zyxel-1496e-2.0" file, I got it to go.
> Some of the command codes had changed since the 1496E. I guess I'll send
> a new config file to the hylafax maintainer...

(I'm not the maintainer - but I'll stick my hand up for this one)

Thanks. Sooner rather than later would be good, please, since there's a
bit of a push on the development side at the moment.

As I'm sure you are aware, faxaddmodem uses the responses to 'AT+FMFR?'
and 'AT+FMDL?' from Class 2 and Class 2.0 modems to work out which
config file to use. Could you let me know what they are?

In fact, it is very straight-forward to create a config file and test
it - after all, you're the one with the modem :-)

Copy 'zyxel-1496e-2.0' to ,say, 'zyxel-omni56' amend the commands as
you think fit and also change the '#CONFIG:' line to read

#CONFIG:CLASS2.0:manufacturer-model-flowcontrol

where 'manufacturer' and 'model' are the modem responses from above
and 'flowcontrol' is RTSCTS (the alternative being XONXOFF).

There are plenty of examples in the config files, and the man page
for faxaddmodem gives a clear explanation of it all.

Testing is easy. Rename your config.ttySx file to something safe,
and run faxaddmodem and by the end you will have a new config.ttySx
file. No other changes to your system are made, and you can rerun
faxaddmodem as many times as you wish.

Regards,
Phil Watkinson,
Leicester, UK.