From: Jay Davis [mailto:Jay_Davis@compuserve.com]
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2000 9:11 AM
To: Jamey Hopkins; flexfax@sgi.com
Subject: Re: flexfax: More on hylafax

Jamey Hopkins wrote:

> Still can't get HylaFAX to work on Red Hat 6.1!!!!  I have tried Hylafax
4.0
> for Red Hat 5 and the 4.1 HylaFAX for Red Hat 6.1.  I removed all the fax
> files/directories between installs.  Same problem know matter how I
install
> the software.
>
> If anyone can see what's happening and knows of some trick to try, please
> let me know.
>
> Thanks!
> JH

You are running into a known problem with the newest tiff libraries and
HylaFAX.
This new version, which is included with Red Hat 6.1, causes the problem.
This is
a problem that needs to be debugged and fixed. I started tracing it but
haven't had
a chance to continue.

Sometimes you can duck the problem by putting the following option into the
config file:
PageChop:      none

By doing this I got a fax to be sent but I don't know if it avoids the
problem completely.
It did get me started and gave me someplace to start looking for the
problem.
Alternately, you can load an earlier version of tiff onto the system. I
don't remember
which version is the latest that works, but I know the one that came with
Red Hat 6.0
does work.

Jay Davis