RE: More on hylafax

Still can't get HylaFAX to work on Red Hat 6.1!!!!  I have tried Hylafax 4.0
for Red Hat 5 and the 4.1 HylaFAX for Red Hat 6.1.  I removed all the fax
files/directories between installs.  Same problem know matter how I install
the software.

If anyone can see what's happening and knows of some trick to try, please
let me know.

Thanks!
JH

Here is some info on the setup:

With faxgetty another faxq gets spawned when a job is submitted that uses
99% of the cpu.  The fax still will not get sent.

uucp       525     1  0 06:17 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/faxq
uucp       527     1  0 06:17 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax
uucp       567     1  0 06:17 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1
uucp       632   525 99 06:25 ?        00:28:51 /usr/sbin/faxq

This is the inittab entry I used to spawn faxgetty:
s1:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1

With or without faxgetty the job goes into the docq.  But an attempt to
actually dial and send the fax never happens.

This is what faxstat -s says:
HylaFAX scheduler on faxserv.dac: Running
Modem ttyS1 (+1.480.902.2101): Running and idle

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
7    127 W   root 5918          0:0   0:12

When the job times out, or if I wait like 30-60 minutes and faxrm the job, I
get an email with the following information (using faxgetty/faxmodem).  With
faxgetty running faxrm will hang unless the additional faxq that was spawned
is killed.

   Destination: 5918
         JobID: 7
       GroupID: 7