From: Wouter Hanegraaff [mailto:wh+flexfax@blub.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 3:23 AM
To: flexfax@sgi.com
Subject: flexfax: More on hylafax

Hi,

I just reinstalled hylafax, making sure I erased all left over config
files.

At the end of the faxaddmodem program I get:
Don't forget to run faxmodem(1M) (if you have a send-only environment)
or configure init to run faxgetty on ttyS0.

What is faxmodem for? do I have to run it each time I restart the
fax servers?

I tried to send a ps file to the fax server, and this is what I get:
; sendfax -d 8748007 factuur.ps
request id is 1 (group id 1) for host localhost (1 file)
; faxq
zsh: exit 255   faxq
; faxstat
HylaFAX scheduler on duckman: Running

And that's all :(
So it seems as if the fax server's running ok, receiving the ps file ok.
But the file never ends up in faxq...

When trying to fax a plain text file, I get complaints about the default
font not being found.

Any ideas?

If not, I'll try to build the package myself.

Wouter..

--
Wat voor een paperclip geldt, geldt in wezen ook voor een server.
- Compaq over de nieuwste ProLiant servers