Re: Problem with setting up Hylafax

In message <38D0E36A.25F91E6B@bibliotech.net>, Toan writes:
>Can anyone please help.
>
>When I tried to install Hylafax 4.0 on Linux (Redhat) - I get the
>following error message
>
>    error: failed dependencies:
>                ghostscript-fonts-std >= 5.02 is needed by
>hylafax-4.0p12-3rh4
>                tiff >= 3.4 is needed by hylafax-4.0p12-3rh4

Yucky dependency problem - you do not want to run hylafax-4.0p12-3rh4 anyway.

>And if I tried to install Hylafax version 4.1 - I get the following
>error message:
>
>            error: file /urs/bin/faxrm from install of
>hylafax-4.1beta1-1rh6 conflicts with file from package
>mgetty-sendfax-1.1.1.14-8
>            error: file /urs/man/man1/faxrm.1 from install of
>hylafax-4.1beta1-1rh6 conflicts with file from package
>mgetty-sendfax-1.1.1.14-8
>

>What did I do wrong?  Does anyone know what the problem is?

I relaxed the ghostscript prerequisites in the HylaFAX-4.1 RPM, so you got a
bit further this time. You would have the same problem with both of the RPMS,
they are not compatible with the mgetty-sendfax RPM. You need to rpm -e that
one before you may proceed.

Do this. You want to install this RPM . . . it runs sweetly ;-)

-Darren