Von: Bernd Proissl [mailto:news@proissl.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. März 2000 14:26
An: Schiefner, Thomas; news@proissl.de; flexfax@sgi.com
Betreff: RE: flexfax: help!!! client access (host.hfaxd)

>Thanks for answer.
>The first entry in my "/var/spool/fax/etc/hosts.hfaxd" is ".*"
my first entry is "localhost" second is "127.0.0.1" but i think this is not
important here.

>The command "telnet hostaddr 4559" causes this messages:
>130 Warning, no inverse adress mapping for client host name "my pc".
is "my pc" an ip-address like x.x.x.x or a name?

can you use "ping x.x.x.x" to ping from your server to your client?
i think you can't use "ping mypc"?
hfaxd wants to know the name of your pc and starts a reverse dns lookup.

have a look at your /etc/hosts (and maybe /etc/resolv.conf also)
you should make an entry for your client in /etc/hosts
then you should be able to use ping mypcname"
then telnet to hfaxd again.

bernd

BTW
please send mails as text only, do not use html. Thanks!