Q: How HylaFax Handles Re-Queing & Fax Status?

I AM NOT A SUBSCRIBER TO THE HYLAFAX LIST AT THIS TIME SO PLEASE
COPY ME DIRECTLY ON YOUR RESPONSE.  THANKS!

Looking to replace an existing NT fax solution (which shall rename
nameless :) with an open source Linux solution.  So far HylaFax
looks like the best bet.

This will be part of a web-based fax solution that does international
faxing.  There are a number of web-based administration tools that
will have to be ported over to the new system and I am unclear about
some of the capabilities of HylaFax.

I've gone through the web site briefly but have not been able
to determine the answers to these questions:

 - How does HylaFax re-queue faxes when the number is busy or
   unavailable?  I'm hoping for a way to see a list of faxes
   that have not been sent after say 3 times so I can either
   re-queue, delete or change phone number.  I will be writing
   the code for this (probably in PERL) so I need to know if I
   can hook into HylaFax to provide this functionality.

 - How versatile is the receipt/confirmation mechanism of HylaFax?
   I'd like to be able to have a script poll the system to send
   e-mail notifications regarding the success/failure of fax
   messages.

 - How does HylaFax log faxes (db, unique identifiers, etc) so
   I can write code to interact with it.

The problem we've been having with our NT fax system is that we
can't really track faxes well.  We have to "fire-and-forget",
but if something goes wrong, we don't have an easy to know and/or
fix it.  Because of our international dialing, at times we have
lots of faxes going awry.

Sorry for the long message - please feel free to send me URL's
with my answers that I may have overlooked at the HylaFax site
(I've been going thru a lot of fax servers today and everything's
starting to blur together).

Please copy me directly on your response because I do not
subscribe to this list at this time.

Thanks!

-peter

--