has anybody confronted this problem

I will be really grateful if anybody could help me out:

My fax server: Pentium 66, RedHat 5.1(Manhattan) , hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.rpm, ghostscipt-5.10-6.rpm and its patch, ghostscript-fonts-std-5.10-7.rpm,
Zoom 56K DualMode Modem(Model 2949L).I config the modem by using the defaults

My problem is : After I setup all things, the fax server can fax tiff files(in bad quality), but cannot send ps or other files.
The log said everything is OK.

Why is that?

Thanx in advance!