Re: Patching fails

Christian Nause wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> patching faxcron with the facron-dirs.patch fails:
>
> cn5:[sbin]# patch -bp0 --verbose < faxcron-dirs.patch
> Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |--- faxcron     Sat Mar 21 20:48:24 1998
> |+++ faxcron.old Sat Mar 21 20:21:50 1998
> --------------------------
> Patching file `faxcron' using Plan A...
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 38.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 428.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 445.
> 3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to faxcron.rej
> done

This patch has already been incorporated into HylaFAX 4.1beta2
which may explain why patch totally failed. The other possibility
is that the patch is designed to be applied to pre-installation
file util/faxcron.sh.in rather than the installed script.

If you are using HylaFAX v4.0pl2, the simple solution is to apply
the patch 'by hand' - it's only a couple of lines.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Leicester, UK.