Converting& EMail Attach

Hans-Juergen Beie schrieb:

> I don't use any sophisticated notification. Just one mail to an alias.
> Some other people asked me for my solution. So I'll post it here.

thank you _all_ for your hints and help. the convert to PDF is working
so far (thanks to hans-juergen). but whats still missing is to send this
converted file as an email-attach to a recipient specified in
faxdispatch.

i´ve tried to modify the lines in the faxrcvd-script to attach the file
to the generated email.

i was able to get "something" attached so far, but when trying to open
the attached pdf for example i get an error like wrong header or file
corrupted. so i think my problem is the correct spelling of the header
of the attach which is generated in the faxrvcd in plain.

what ive treid so far is:
--- snipp ---
..
echo ""
echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY"
echo "Content-Type: application/pdf"
echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit"
echo ""
cat tmp/$PDFFILE.pdf
echo ""
echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY--""
--- snipp ---

ive tried around with 7bit as well as base64 as content-type-encoding
but wasnt able to get the attach on properly. the same problem occured
when trying to attach the plain tiff-file using 7bit and image/tiff as
the content for the relevant lines...

does anybody has a working faxrcvd which is attaching the plain
tiff-file in the notification mail/s ?
anybody got a solution how to attach converted files instead of the
postscript-file ?

thanks in advance for any help or hints !

best regards
c.guenther

--
| GCSysteme                   | Tel  : +49 2303 770 950         |
| Carsten Günther  Cpt A319   | Fax  : +49 2303 770 952         |