Re: login

Hello,
	first you need to find out if you have HylaFax working.  SuSEFax is
simply a frontend/GUI for HylaFax.  Try this as root:
1)	Print a 1 page document to /tmp/trash.ps for example using
whatever word processor and fax it to somewhere.  I'll use phone
number 123-3456 for an example
:  2)	Go to the console and:
	A.	If you use 8.5 x 11 paper, type:
		sendfax -n -D -d 123-3456 /tmp/trash.ps
	B.	If you use A4 paper, type:
		sendfax -d -s a4 -D -d 123-3456 /tmp/trash.ps
3)	If you want to watch the process, then immediately after sending the
fax, type
tail -f /var/log/messages

Ctrl-C will stop the scrolling of /var/log/messages

	If you were able to send the fax, then your settings in SuSEFax are
probably wrong.

faxstat -s
will show you which jobs are in the queue and their job #

faxrm {job #}
will kill the job

faxstat -d
will show you the results of your sent/not sent faxes.

Good luck
George

 Tue, 08 Feb 2000, χΩ ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜΙ:

--