Re: What's with the double posting?

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 11:09:04PM +0300, George Zeigler wrote:
>Hello,
>	from some of you guys I end up receiving two of each of your post in
>my HylaFax folder?  It's not the biggest problem in my life, but it is
>a bit annoying.  Can it be changed?  (No smart comments like "try
>unsubscribing" please:-)

We check the Message-Id fields of all incoming messages to the mailing list
to intercept duplicates before they get to the list so any duplicates that
get through would either be multiple postings with different Message-Id:
fields, some failure of our MTA, or possibly a problem at your end.

I haven't seen any indications of problems on our end beyond the
occassional spam that gets through to the list.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

A fake fortuneteller can be tolerated.  But an authentic soothsayer should
be shot on sight.  Cassandra did not get half the kicking around she deserved.
		-- R.A. Heinlein