NEWBIE questions u-oh something went wrong

Hello!
Since I am for the first time here I do not know what is going on at this
moment, so I will drop a few questions hoping that there is anyone who has an
answer.
I installed Hylafax 4.0p12 on Suse 6.2 with a rockwell based 56k modem. In my
System's log i get these messages and i do not have a clue:

Feb  4 15:53:27 thuis FaxQueuer[468]: Missing ':' separator in modem class specification
Feb  4 15:53:27 thuis FaxQueuer[468]: HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl2
Feb  4 15:53:27 thuis FaxQueuer[468]: Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam Leffler
Feb  4 15:53:27 thuis FaxQueuer[468]: Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Feb  4 15:53:27 thuis FaxQueuer[468]: sendq/q9: line 51: Null or missing number in job request
Feb  4 15:53:27 thuis FaxQueuer[468]: JOB 9: Invalid or corrupted job description file
Feb  4 15:53:27 thuis FaxQueuer[468]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q9" "rejected" ""
Feb  4 15:53:28 thuis FaxQueuer[468]: HylaClient::send: client/451: Cannot open FIFO: Device not configured

Faxstat reports  HylaFAX scheduler on thuis.menno: Running
                Modem modem (31.23.5326578): Waiting for modem to come ready

I think I configured my modem well just as the rest, telnetting to the port
works, so the server should work. In my opinion it is obvious a communication
problem. I did not mess with the config.modem since I do not see a reason to do
so. It looks just fine. I configured by typing "faxsetup" I also reconfigured it
with the seperate programs and probemodem and things.  I attached my
config.modem so that you may verify.

Greetings,
Menno Schaap

# $Id: rockwell,v 1.2 1996/06/24 02:58:40 sam Rel $
#
# HylaFAX Facsimile Software
#
# Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam Leffler
# Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
# HylaFAX is a trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc.
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
# its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
# that (i) the above copyright notices and this permission notice appear in
# all copies of the software and related documentation, and (ii) the names of
# Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics may not be used in any advertising or
# publicity relating to the software without the specific, prior written
# permission of Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics.
#
# THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
# EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
# WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
#
# IN NO EVENT SHALL SAM LEFFLER OR SILICON GRAPHICS BE LIABLE FOR
# ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND,
# OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
# WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF
# LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE
# OF THIS SOFTWARE.
#

#
# Configuration for a Rockwell-based modem not otherwise handled by
# another prototype configuration file.  This file assumes the modem
# is compatible with the Rc144AC, RC96AC or RC144DP.
#
# This configuration file sets up the modem to run at 38.4 with
# RTS/CTS flow control used by default.  XON/XOFF is automatically
# enabled for fax recv.  Beware of modems that also lock sending
# to 19.2; add ModemSendBeginCmd: "<19200>" if this is required.
# Also beware that the adaptive-answer facility, when supported,
# is often unreliable.
#
#
CountryCode:		31
AreaCode:		23
FAXNumber:		31.23.5326578
LongDistancePrefix:	0
InternationalPrefix:	00
DialStringRules:	etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:		527
SessionTracing:		527
RecvFileMode:		0644
LogFileMode:		0600
DeviceMode:		0666
RingsBeforeAnswer:	1
SpeakerVolume:		off
GettyArgs:		"-r -b -s %s %l"
LocalIdentifier:	"Menno Schaap"
TagLineFont:		etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:		"From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:		25
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:		Class2		# use class 2 interface
ModemRate:		38400
ModemFlowControl:	rtscts		# default
#
#ModemResetCmds:	AT&F2		# what you want for a Supra
ModemNoFlowCmd:		AT&K		# disable flow control cmd
ModemHardFlowCmd:	AT&K3		# hardware flow control cmd
ModemSoftFlowCmd:	AT&K4		# software flow control cmd
ModemSetupDTRCmd:	AT&D3		# DTR off causes modem to reset
#ModemSetupDTRCmd:	AT&D2S25=1S38=0	# Dynalink 1414VE needs this
ModemSetupDCDCmd:	AT&C1		# DCD follows carrier
ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=1+FCLASS=0 # enable in current class
#
ModemSendFillOrder:	LSB2MSB		# as expected
ModemRecvFillOrder:	MSB2LSB		# opposite of what makes sense
#
ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd:	"<19200><xon>"	# modem switches on fax receive
#
# Caller ID configuration setup for Supra.
#
#QualifyCID:		etc/cid		# CID access control list file
#CIDNumber:		"NMBR = "	# pattern string for phone number info
#CIDName:		"NAME = "	# pattern string for identity info