Set SENDER based on original sender phone number?

What I want to do is reset the SENDER to a friendly name in faxrcvd. I have
begun by using another script in the /etc directory named FaxFrom and then
in a manner similar to what the FaxDispatch script does I re-set the SENDER
based on the number given in the CSID.
        For example -
            case
            *123*456*7890)                SENDER=Joe Davis;;
Set SENDER to Joe Davis
            esac

Is this correct or even possible? Do I need to place the friendly name in
quotes? My goal is to use this information in e-mail notification so that
instead of having to remember hundreds of phone numbers you will instead be
notified that a new fax from Joe has arrived.

Thank's for your time,
   Chris L.