Re: MPS/EOP

> Just to supplement my previous mail:  when the MPS/EOP error occurs, the
> receiving fax machine can only receive around 3/4 of the page so after 3
> tries, the recepient still cannot get the entire fax page.  But seems

In that case your problem is *not* MPS/EOP related and you need to debug
the truncated transmission - obviously if the remote fax has already given
up, it is not going to respond with a page status message.

Check flow control; make sure that the timings are consistent with
synchronous (no start and stop bit) transmission at the negotiated DCE to
DCE rate.  Listen to the modem speaker.  Does the remote image stop dead,
or does it start to break up before it ends?  If possible use a software fax
receiver at the remote end and take detailed protocol logs.  Publish the
protocol logs from your end.

I don't believe there has ever been any suggestion that the failure mode
that you describe is a problem with hylafax; it is misconfiguration or
a hardware problem.