Re: Hylafax and the serial card - URGENT

Frank -

Hi.

> Hello
>
> I want to connect 8 modems and + to a computer to make a fax server. Which kind of serial can i take?
>
> Is there anyone who can help me!

If you haven't already bought modems etc, may I suggest Digi's AccelRAS card.
I have just gotten successful with Digi's 8 port AccelRAS card (www.digi.com).
I have it working Linux 2.2.13 and Hylafax 4.01beta.  The card has a beta
version of the Linux drivers and it all works well for me now.  I have it
sending and receiving faxes for the last month or so.

One caveat: the card reports that it supports Fax Class 1, 2 and 2.0.  But
there is a problem with the card itself - the AT+F commands when it is switch
to Fax Class 2.0 has some extra data being returned.  This had caused me to
waste a lot of time to make Hylafax work with it.  Digi's enginners have
acknowledged the problem and are working on a patch though I have no idea
when it will be out.  In the meantime, I am running it as Fax Class 1.

Regards.

PS: I have no affilication to Digi except that I am a happy customer.
--
Harish Pillay, 9v1hp
Singapore