viewfax crashes

I use viewfax 2.4 to, uh, view faxes.  It worked fine on my SPARC
Solaris system.  Now that I've switched to a newer HylaFAX on my x86
RedHat LINUX 5.2 system, viewfax crashes on some faxes.  This
complicated introduction is because I don't know which variable(s) are
important.

viewfax crashes in viewfax.c at line 310:
	*p1++ = acc;

*p1 points at something that cannot be accessed (Segmentation fault).

This happens even if viewfax is compiled without -O.

A couple of minutes examination doesn't help me figure out what is
wrong.

Does anyone else experience this problem?  Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks,

Hugh Redelmeier
hugh@mimosa.com  voice: +1 416 482-8253