Receiving garbage

I am new to the list and to Hylafax.

I have Hylafax running; it's receiving faxes and sending faxes.

Sent faxes are received OK by the remote, except for an error message at
the completion.

Received faxes are garbled - but no error messages in the log files.

I am guessing that that's because my hardware settings aren't correct.
I am running Linux 2.2.13 (RH 6.0) with a Digiboard Xe and a Hayes
Accurra modem.

I get an error on install that stty could not set port parameters (no
wonder, as it needs to use Digi's ditty).

I have not been successful in finding where in the scripts the
parameters need to be set, or what they should be set to.  I have been
through the FAQ and archives with no luck ( the only mention in the FAQ
says that this problem may be caused by improper hardware settings....)

Any ideas and quidance is greatly appreciated.

--Yan

--

          | /      /
           /------/