Unknown Problem (check modem)

Hie, i use Hylafax 4.0pl2 sous red Hat 6.0 with an modem Olitec 56K.

First, i'm sorry for my bad english..

I've sometimes the message Unknown Problem (check modem), and the modem
can't make another number for ten  minutes approximatly... Then it got up!!
Then real problem is that during this ten minutes, it increases the attemps
to sends faxes very quickly!!, and faxes could be remove by too many
attemps...

I use class1 because i had some problems with class2 and class2.0 (squised
pages). First I used modem USR 3COM, but it was bad.

Thank for help.

Olivier Saulnier
Computer Manager
Interchim