Re: Cover page design for hylafax - CASH PAID !!!

Dmitri Barsoukov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you know anybody who can convert my *.doc page into hylafax cover
> page. Cash paid instantly. I am desparate to supply my client with
> several cover pagers.
>
> Dmitri

You should try to print your doc-file on a Postscript-printer, but print
it to file, not to a true printer.
You should now have the base document to work on.

Have a look at

ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/pub/hylafax/contrib

There is a folder, named "covers".

In this folder you'll find make_faxcover.tar.Z.

Download it, expand it, read the Readme, it also points at a place where
you can obtain the tgif-package,

ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/applications/tgif.

Download the appropriate package, latest patchlevel, read the readme to
build the file.

You should also download, in the folder pstotgif, the sheel-script,
pstotgif.sh, which you can use to convert the the postscript file you've
just created, to a tgif file, which you can then change using the tgif
program.

tgif is an XWindows App.

The several readmes should get you going.

Regards.

Evert Carton.

This is a solution I found. Is there a more elegant solution than this
one ?