Re: FW: Will 4.1b3 or 4.1 solve "no response to MPS"?

> "It is possible to ignore missing EOP errors": is this true now, or are
> you saying that it's possible to implement it?

What I mean is that if you ignore missing EOP *and* the fax got there
anyway, the protocol is already complete.

> I get both MPS on multiple page doc, and EOP on single page doc.

MPS and EOP are the same thing from this point of view.  MPS (more pages
same document) is sent after pages other than the last and EOP (end of
procedure) is sent after the last page.  A problem that causes MPS to be
lost will also cause EOP to be lost.  On the other hand a problem, such
as the fax machine disconnecting prematurely, that causes EOP errors,
needn't cause MPS errors.  If the failure mode loses MPSes, the protocol
has broken down such that the only way to continue, if you are prepared to
believe the page got through anyway, is to terminate the call and send the

The most likely cause of losing both MPS and EOP is misconfiguration such
that the fax modem is overrun and fails to see the end code in the fax data.