Re: Will 4.1b3 or 4.1 solve "no response to MPS"?

> If this problem cannot be eliminated, I'd like a config option in
> hylafax, turned off by default, which would be something like
> "go on, even if you don't get a MPS response" (hylafax would send the

You don't know when to start sending unless you get that response!

Basically, unless someone who does understand the protocol and also
gets the problem, is able to diagnose this, it is not going to get fixed,
or worked around.  The fact that no-one seems to be in this category
suggests that there may be more parameters than you are aware of.

If it is a broken remote machine problem, you may still have to analyse the
logs - the difference may be that you can add a line in the info file
for that destination to weaken the protocol compliance.

One other thing to consider is which fax class are you using; reportedly
most Windows fax software uses class 1, which is less exposed to modem
related problems although more exposed to timing ones.