EOP problem solution?!?

Hi,

I recently installed the Hylafax package on RH60 and I had the problem like quit a few other people with the EOP command; some older machines do not understand the message from the sending modem that there are no more pages to send.

I looked at the Hylafax site and saw some people mentioning that the faxprogram efax doesn't have this problem. They also attatched a logfile of the efax and hylafax program to the same machine.

I don not understand why this problem isn't solved. I myself am not a programmer so I am not able to do this. My thought is that the programmer does something like this:

1. try EOP_Hylafax
2. if EOP.failure then retry 2 times
3. if still EOP.failure then try EOP_efax
4. if still EOP.failure then message(really lousy faxmachine)

Maybe everyone thinks this is really silly...

I hope to challange a programmer to write a patch.

Maurice Tijs
maurice@pca-online.nl