RE: Setting up a Hylafax system.

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Greg Breland wrote:
> >I have one general and three specific questions:
> >
> >Has this type of configuration been used, and with what success?
>
> We have a larger load than you have, although more sporadic.  We have 8
> modems and range from  400 to 5000 pages per day.  Most of our faxes are
> only a couple of pages long, we have never tried to send anything over 12
> pages.  This could be a problem as I think HylaFax resends the whole
> document if an error occurs, not just the pages that did not make it.  We
> have had one recipient receive 20 faxes from us before it got through.
> There might be a setting to solve this, but 99.9% or our faxes are 2 pages
> and this is not really a problem for us.

I think this is not correct.  We generate large reports to be faxed (some
as large as 80 pages), and HylaFAX does not resend the entire fax.
I have personally watched it when it had a problem (faxing to myself), and
it did not resend the pages which were already sent successfully.
It started with the last page which did not get through.

~ John Williams