can't compile hylafax-v4.0pl2 on solaris 2.6

     I have hylafax-v4.0pl2 and I am trying to compile it on solaris 2.6

     I downloaded pre-compiled binaries of gcc-2.7.2.3 and libg++-2.7.2 for
     solaris 2.6 and I have installed these using pkgadd and they are now
     in /opt where they are installed by default.

     When I run .configure in hylafax, gcc complains

     Reading site-wide parameters from ./config.site.
     Hmm, looks like a sparc-sun-solaris2.6 system.
     Using /opt/GCC2723/bin/gcc for a C compiler (set CC to override).
     Looks like /opt/GCC2723/bin/gcc supports the -g option.
     Using " -g" for C compiler options.
     Looks like /opt/GCC2723/bin/gcc has an ANSI C preprocessor.
     ... but __ANSI_CPP__ is not automatically defined, will compensate.
     Looks like /opt/GCC2723/bin/gcc supports the -M option for generating
     make depen
     dencies.
     Using /opt/GCC2723/bin/gcc for a C++ compiler (set CXX to override).
     Looks like /opt/GCC2723/bin/gcc supports the -g option.
     Using " -g" for C++ compiler options.
     Looks like /opt/GCC2723/bin/gcc has an ANSI C preprocessor.
     ... but __ANSI_CPP__ is not automatically defined, will compensate.
     Using /usr/ccs/bin/make to configure the software.
     Using "include file" syntax for Makefiles.
     Using /usr/5bin/ksh to process command scripts.

     Missing C++ runtime support for gcc (/opt/GCC2723/bin/gcc).

     ******** It can't find the libg++ libraries which have been installed
     in /opt/FSFlibg++

     ********My environment has :
     _=/usr/bin/env
     MANPATH=/usr/share/man:/usr/local/man
     HZ=100
     PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb:/opt/GCC2723/bin
     EDITOR=/usr/bin/vi
     SHELL=/bin/ksh
     HOME=/
     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/opt/FSFlibg++/lib:
     /opt/GCC723/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.7.2.3

     How do I make gcc know where it's libraries are?

     Please don't tell me to get a newer version of gcc.  If you use
     gcc.2.8.x you need to install a patch first in order to compile. This
     does not install properly using the solaris version of "patch" and I
     have tried downloding gnu patch and using that and it did not work
     either. I tried asking about that on this list and did not get
     anywhere.

     I am positive this is just a problem with the compiler not knowing
     where the libraries are but I don't know how to make it find them.

     Any help appreciated

     Thanks
     Marina