Re: Setting up a Hylafax system.

I'm way no expert, just a few comments below.
-Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Lou <sales@crutchfield.com>
>I have one general and three specific questions:
>
>Has this type of configuration been used, and with what success?

HylaFAX can definitely handle the outgoing fax load...

>How would one determine the number of fax lines needed, and how easy or
>difficult is it to add lines to Hylafax?

Pretty easy to add devices, if you plan your machine to have the serial
ports available for more modems.  Planning up front for a multiport serial
board might be wise.  You might start with a couple or three and monitor
your queue backlog, your big issue may be the size of the jobs you want to
send tying up lines for long periods.

>Does the conversion definition to TFF files work with PDF successfully?(I
>would think so from the Hylafax web site, but would like to confirm this).

Ghostscript can go from PDF to TIFF, but I recall having marginal results in
certain circumstances... I project I did recently used Adobe Acrobat Reader
on a UNIX server to convert PDF to PS, then ran the results into HylaFAX.
Looked good.

>Is it possible to send pages that are not in numeric order?(i.e. 2.D above)

I think that's going to be a client issue... HylaFAX (the server proper)
doesn't handle this, it faxes the job the client creates.  What type of
machine will you be using to create the faxes?