Re: Large Cover Pages

> I have successfully used tgif to create a cover page.  The problem is that
> the cover page is 465 Kb and the documents that I'm faxing are only about
> 8-12 Kb each. so when I go to send out 1500 faxes, I use up 750 Mb (if I
> round the complete size of each fax to be 1/2 a Mb per transmission).

Make sure that the image is two colour (black and white), and exactly the
right size.  Embed it as a fax encoded image.  If your tools prevent
this, use the Postscript run operator to access an external image,
or, provided that you are not going to redistribute the postscript,
or for older ghostscripts, only do so under the GPL, embed the viewGIF
code from the ghostscript utilities, to reference the external GIF file.