No local dailtone

I'm sure you all must be getting ALOT of these kinda mails, but I
have search everywhere I could ,but haven't found an answer.

I installed Hylafax 4.0pl2 and ran faxsetup and faxaddmodem.

The weird thing is, when I type "cu -l cua1" it says that the line is
busy. I tried restarting the server (thinking that another process
might have accessed the modem), but nothing. I'm using Redhat
5.2.

Hein van Eeden
InformSA.
+27 12 3621462