Re: far too many faxes

Michael Stevens wrote:

> Can anyone explain how hylafax might have decided to send a fax 30
> times instead of just that once that I was intending? All I can see
> from the logs are a number of errors about 'unable to transmit page'.

This would be known as a classic RTN (retrain) problem.
It is on the archives.
The receiving fax machine has not given a suitable response
so HylaFAX has retried 10-12 times to resend 3 attempts!

A fix is available for 4.0 and is already patched in 4.1.

Sometimes changing the transmit fax resolution helps.

Keith