Re: far too many faxes

> Can anyone explain how hylafax might have decided to send a fax 30
> times instead of just that once that I was intending? All I can see
> from the logs are a number of errors about 'unable to transmit page'.

Not without the logs and version information for all relevant hardware
and software, including any patches applied.  If you obtained hylafax
as a binary from other than the main site, please take up your questioner
with the creator of the binary, as only they will know the actual
configuration.

Multiple transmissions are usually the result of rejection by the receiver.
Unpatched hylafax produces errors which some receivers consider sufficient
to cause rejection, but poor line quality, faulty modems, or broken
flow control can produce the same effect.